Irish Rebel

Comments on the passing scene by an Irish-American rebel.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Just goes to show you!

I recieved an invitation to a forum hosted by the local democratic club(central New Jersey). the meeting was today, superbowl day, I went and was amazed that the room was full! I guess people care more about the mess our country is in than the Superbowl. The meeting was focused on what we, as democrats, have to do to get back the voters that voted their fears in the election. There was some pretty good discussion and although no magic bullets I was happy to see and be involved in the meeting. It gave me, and others, a chance to join the club and I am going to get active, it sure beats stiing around all depressed. Before Nov 2nd I thought that all I had to do was give money to whoever asked for it and vote. Well that didn't work! Oh sure there was a major bump in the funds raised, but we picked the wrong guy and just watched him be a gentleman while he got knifed. We have to get buzy now and start working towards 2006. On the local level!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home